• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Too hot to trot?

Anthony Pearson

I am struggling to drag myself to a river bank in this heat. Am I alone in feeling this way or is my common sense just getting the better of me? It's the first week of the season and I should be fishing! Help!

Me too. Way too hot for me. As soon as i venture out the front door am dipping with sweat

I much prefer the early mornings or late evenings when it's this hot avoiding the long-walk swims. I fished a local stretch yesterday evening just for a couple of hours and waded in shorts and trainers.
I'm fortunate to have a lot of decent venues on the doorstep,.. not sure if I would drive umpteen miles for a couple of hours on the bank in this heat though.
One drawback with dispensing with hot waders and just going dressed for the beach are the ticks.!:eek:

Got the time, got the venues and it's just too hot. Sitting here practically naked and I'm almost leaving my skin on the leather chair every time I get up.

Been in the river in waders for 4 days, very hot but still enjoyable. Walk to and from car the worst bit.

Seven barbel during stinking hot daytime all on trotted luncheon meat, crazy fishing I know. Next day on maggots nothing, I think if they are about they will have it. On the Trent they just switch off some times.

Back