• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tony Miles

My heart sank when I read this, such an inspiration, get well soon Tony,

A role model for the sport.most kind to me signing my chub book.money can't by that book
Get well soon tony
Albert

Hi Albert, nice to see you popping up again dear chap. Hope you are bearing up and getting to your river now and then?

By the way, Tony Miles is much improved now, so good things do happen Albert.

Cheers, Dave.

Hi dave.good of you to ask about me.i sure need some imput.dont like moaning on here but I have had 20 sessions of radio therapy for lung cancer and trying to keep up with the pace.wont know for another 3 months if it works or not.chomping at the bit here to get at the barbel.well I am turned 87 but I am going to have a few more yet.many thanks dave for your kind words.hope you have a great time on the river this winter
Albert

Albert, your are an absolute inspiration. If I had 10% of your strength and fighting spirit I would consider myself a lucky man, so I know you won't let this latest abomination of a disease beat you. Your card from the Queen isn't that far off, so between dreaming up suitable replies to that, and getting your gear ready for your next barbel outing, you wont have time for that cancer rubbish...kick it's backside into touch mate, give it hell.

All the best Albert,

Dave.

wishing you a good recovery Tony, i had same thing around 7 years ago and i am up n about and fishing whenever the chance arises, it may seem like the end of the world but it wont be:)

Albert, this is the 1st i have heard about you mate, i am sure a nuisance like cancer wont keep you down for long, a good full glass of woods and you,ll be bouncing like a spring lamb again mate:):)
hope the wifes coping ok at the moment, give that illness a damn good hiding mate and we,ll talk again soon. john

Hi John,thanks for your support.i might try a can of the Irish holy water .. The black stuff.the wife is ok.gone golfing today.do her good.not easy for her.will keep in touch.if poss
Albert

Back