• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

TMC bite alarms?

Fair point well made.
However there are times when ledgering at a bit of a distance or in deeper water is the ticket. Like I say, a few sessions a year max.

Beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! I can hear Chris Yates sobbing from here.
Me and my 12.99 alarms...coming to a water near all of you soon!

Yeah don't expect an invitation to join the Golden Scale Club dropping through your door any time soon George you philistine!

Nothing in the right conditions Neil. Equally there's nothing better than a range of legering techniques in certain conditions. Good luck trying to fish a waggler 60 yards out!

Then a quiver tip?:rolleyes: I do like a float, but I admit that I neglect that part of my approach, I guess we all do, well those that haver ever actually had the pleasure of seeing a float dip, and then connect with a fish, to me one of the delights in Angling. Of course that Barbel wrap round also takes some beating.
Never owned buzzers, not for me, but I can see why folk use them, especially on Carp venues.
Promised myself some river trotting before the close, it really brings out the kids in me.

Then a quiver tip?:rolleyes: I do like a float, but I admit that I neglect that part of my approach, I guess we all do, well those that haver ever actually had the pleasure of seeing a float dip, and then connect with a fish, to me one of the delights in Angling. Of course that Barbel wrap round also takes some beating.
Never owned buzzers, not for me, but I can see why folk use them, especially on Carp venues.
Promised myself some river trotting before the close, it really brings out the kids in me.

I reckon long-trotting for roach is probably the method, above all, that requires the most level skill and technique. I wish I had a local river that had some decent roach, although there are some dace in the Dane that are well worth catching. Just hope it continues to stay dry.

are the tmc alarms the same as those marketed by tf gear, ron Thompson and the tackle box but at a fraction of the cost?

they look very similar...

Back