• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tip Lights

Last night was the first time i'd ever fished opposite a bunch of people who were using isotopes, well basically the first time I've fished in darkness near anyone else. I'm a bit thick and for about an hour I was thinking "all these people have got green or red head torches...must be something to do with fish being put off by normal torches...".

The penny finally dropped after a while. I do fish into dark quite a lot, but till now I've just listened for the baitrunner and/or had the rod against a light patch of sky. Might give it a go though, would like to see a light show from fluourescent chub plucks.
I mainly use a red headtorch for several reasons the red light wont mess your natural night vision up and you dont end up with a mouthful of insects like you do with a white one

Was thinking Might Bright rod tape may work well. I remember having the black tape on my beach caster. Black in the day, bright white at night and that was just with the moonlight

Still trying to find the shrink tube in my man cave. I can see it in my head but not in the boxes. It's roughly 9mm so with a gentle slide and spit it should go over the tip ring. The tube i have when i can find it shrink to about 1mm.

did you manage to get it over the tip eye ?

The shrink tube size was about 8mm. I got it from e-bay in a pack of all different sizes for around £2.50. Use a hair dryer on the hot setting and the tip eye will slowly loosen and you can just slide it off. Shrink your isotope on then a bit of araldite and bob's you uncle so to speak..........

I've never understood why people have issues with the Enterprise nightlight adaptor, as I've been using them for years and without issue. They are permanently on my Barbel rods; during the day they contain an orange Drennan float insert, which is switched to an isotope at night.

As someone else has mentioned above, I actually attach it the tip ring and zero tangles!

Back