• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Those thinking of fishing at Ross this weekend

Ed Green

For those that are thinking of travelling down the M50 to Ross this weekend, try an alternative route as its closed all weekend.
I believe that the 2yr motorway works involves totally closing it occasionally for the bridge repairs.
Having been caught out myself a couple of times on the night closures i wouldn't want anybody to try and follow their diversion signs.
Good luck to all that venture out on the wonderful Wye.

Been caught as well Ed. Once when they closed it 20mins early when coming from Severn.!!!

All the way to Gloucester A40!

Last edited:
Thanks ed for the helpful post. I'm actually on the Wye this wkend sat and sun. I'll be driving from near cheltenham to armastone area do you know if I'll be heading on it? I Will look it up also but always gone with sat nav I'm or a mate navigating I'm ashamed to say. Thanks Jon

It was this weekend gone that it was closed. I believe that its ok for the coming weekend. Best to check though.
Good luck at Stans, weather is going to be spot on.

Thanks ed really kind of you. Yes on. my thought I'd go and give it a go. Really looking forward to it. getting my bait and kit ready tonight. Haven't been on since last June:eek:. Would love to live closer. Hoping to use the float a fair bit then feeder/ lead later in the day. Will see the best laid plans above all can't wait to chill beside the beautiful river

Back