• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Thermal bib & brace advice

Robert Linwood

Hi lads can any one recommend any decent thermal bib & brace not bothered about the price as i know you get what you pay for.

Rob, been using a Sunridge Igloo suit for a few years, never been cold in it in any conditions, however keeping feet warm is a different matter !!

Trakker for me Robert, I paid about £100 and can't fault it. I previously had the Sundridge (-10) which became worn out after about 10 years. I had intended to replace it with another similar Sundridge but they didn't seem to do an equivilent.

I all depends how much you feel the cold. Am lucky, even in the coldest weather i can work up a good sweat. My eldest son feels cold anything under 50f. He's tried loads of 2 piece suits costing a few hundred to under £40. So far for the last 3 years he has been wearing a suit from Grandslam. The bib has a high back. Is made of a none rustle material. Feels like soft cotton. Very well made and warm with the plus of being 100% waterproof. He says the other more expensive ones from the big names are playing on their name and know they can charge a premium price because who they are and sometimes the quality isnt there.

To be honest mate i do feel the cold so need something that is toast warm while I'm sitting there blanking. Are the pro logic bib and braces any good

I have just bought a Trakker suit not bib and brace but trousers are high waisted plus it includes a zip in fleece. Very warm and well made. Good price too.

This is what you are looking for....you will not get cold with these on, the jackets are bloody good too, have a look at the 7-in-1 jacket.....

That's where i got my fly fishing stalking jacket from. Can work out a bit expensive with tax duty but the quality is second to none.Well worth the extra

The Hardy bib & brace sets are worth a look, had mine for a few seasons and still going strong. In fact, only yesterday evening they kept me warm and dry whilst avoiding pretty much any kind of barbel interest..

I have just bought a Trakker suit not bib and brace but trousers are high waisted plus it includes a zip in fleece. Very warm and well made. Good price too.

John, Am I reading this right or being a bit dumb :eek:Do the trousers have a removable fleece liner? I'm hoping your answer is yes as I suffer with cold legs :(but seem to be able to keep my core quite warm :)

Sorry I probably didn't give the best explanation. It comes as three pieces, jacket with a fleece that zips into it and a pair of trousers. The jacket and trousers have a sort of quilting which makes them fairly bulky but very warm. You probably need to try one one to appreciate the features. I think it is called the multi core suit.
here is a link to their website http://trakkerproducts.co.uk/trakker-products/core-multi-suit/

Thank you for clarifying and for the link John

With my Trakker the top fleece is pretty generous to go over the bib but I have never used it as it's been warm enough in just the suit. However the fleece is a bit too large for me(XL) just on its own. The XL suit is fine but I wished I had just the L fleece.

Imax ARX20 ice thermo suit. you won't get cold in that! If you do you will also need an ice saw and a shorter rod.

Back