• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The worst eBay selling description ever

Interesting. I've had a photo taken off the internet (possibly off here) and used as part of an advert on FB marketplace. The thing is the rods and reels for sale aren't the same as in the picture.

IMG_2692.JPG

IMG_0956.PNG

I made the mistake of putting up on FB that after 6 years I am still seeking a shimmy aspire ultra feeder. Got 4 scammers, the one I played longest used a photo of the rod I put up 6 years ago.

it is done with more sophistication on Ebay. If you list something and then get an offer you will not normally see who there they are or where. But scammers have a way of getting past that. I have had an offers with suggestions of a meet and a local post code is shown and the area, say 5/8 miles away. This is the precursor to a chat with bidder, as they are close, etc then the snatch is set up. Haven't got that bit as tumbled it. .. In short, if you get an offer and see location of where it comes from, its almost certainly a scam. Reported to ebay a few times, they wont admit, but neither do they deny they can be hacked.

whoever posted this, is a member of the forum…

I have this rod,purchased in the 80’s.Used it for stalking small carp on my local canal.Its just stuck in the garage somewhere,didn’t even consider putting on the rack in my tackle room.At £75,I think I’d better go look for it.
To me,it’s like playing a fish on the proverbial stick of spaghetti.A 13lb.pike that took a lump of meat,led me a merry dance.Just couldn’t do anything with it.
Tried the rod on my little river,and a small 5 to 6lb’ish barbel was taking me all over the place .Absolutely no backbone to it.
Fun to use on the small carp though.

Back