• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

the waitings over

John Walker

Well lads the countdowns here once more:D:D:D
forget all the tackle preparations yer probably dunnit umpteen times already, just sit down in the shade and wait the next few hours out dreaming,
heres to a great 2014-2015 season:):):):):):):)

And to you John. Enjoy it whatever it brings...:)

I echo Bills words John have a good one and drink it all in........Enjoy you brothers of the angle:)

Unfortunately I am unable to venture out at midnight tonight,as usually would be the case,due to a shoulder operation I endured on friday,well gutted as the conditions look favourable.Anyhow good luck to all fellow river addicts

I'll be rushing to the river straight from work. It looked great today as I sauntered along the banks and I can't believe how quickly the close seems to have passed. Enjoy the season chaps.

Rods in car, one quick meeting then an early finish at work, hopefully on banks of Kennet after lunch! Good luck and tight lines all.

Result..

Got out at 8.15 am this morning, was on the water for 8.30, by 9 I had my first fish, a small codling,then it was steady away all day, Codling, Pollack, Dogfish, Thornbacks, and a shedload of Spurdog...
The wife was with me,and managed to outfish me..... again.

But when I manage to get on the river , sometime after the 26th, it will be a different story...
I hope.

Anyway, there are no Barbel Rivers in this part of Scotland.:D

Tight lines to all who fished the early hours.

Dave

Result..

Got out at 8.15 am this morning, was on the water for 8.30, by 9 I had my first fish, a small codling,then it was steady away all day, Codling, Pollack, Dogfish, Thornbacks, and a shedload of Spurdog..

Top result Dave, I would have happily swapped my 1 Barbel and 4 Chub for that lot! Ribble's not quite 'on' yet but looking really good - looks like your timing is bang on!

Thanks for that Andy, I may be away, but my Barbel gear has been ready for about 2 months, I am really looking forward to my first day on the Ribble.. last year was a bit of an anticlimax, hitting doubles within the first 4 hours of the season opening was nice, but really unexpected, and also spoiled it for later.... I will work at it this year, I may be moving house to East Yorkshire, the rivers there are I think a bit more unpredictable than the Ribble.

Regards...... and tight lines....!

David.

Arrived home from work, put the youngest to bed, and on the River for 8pm. And what a fine way to christen the Hexagraph; two barbel in consecutive casts - 1lb (approx) and 10lb 14oz.They may well have empathises with my earlier parental call of duty......

The sound of the 'pin screaming off, for the biggie, was music to the ears..... :)

Back