• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Rods are Ready and the bag is packed

Ian Crook

Well, that's just about that.

Rucksack sorted and ready to go, Rigs tied up, Rods set up and ready to go, i'm ready and in the blocks, just got to make some bait tomorrow..........

Will probably be back on the lakes though through the summer and hitting the rivers harder from October onwards, just hope I get a few more sessions that last winter :)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, TIGHT LINES

Ditto. Cleaned out the bottom of the tackle bag at the weekend - yuk! New batteries in the digital scales, new rod ready to be christened, freezer re-stocked with bait. I will be tucked away on a quiet bit of the Loddon enjoying being by the river again but probably not catching.

Steve

I'm leaving my prep until tomorrow night. Mind you, I'm the type that buys Xmas pressies on Xmas Eve, so perhaps not a great example of preparation and planning.

Good luck all :)

Kit is mostly ready to rock. Bit of a tidy up and bait prep tomorrow and I'm away. The snag is that I haven't decided exactly where or when. Thursday is sorted though!:D

Rods aren't ready. Bag isn't ready. Car not got enough petrol.

Good job I've got another day really ;)

Spent this evening rigging the rods and sorting through my ruck with the Italian game on in the background and the missus out for the night - heaven :p.
Boilies air drying and a pot of hemp simmering in the garage, I do believe I'm as good as ready, though I can't find my rod rests :eek:.

D.

How many of you have that overwhelming feeling that you will be beaten to your 1st choice swim. And if you feel like this will you get there really early? I always feel like this but rarely does it pan out this way.

How many of you have that overwhelming feeling that you will be beaten to your 1st choice swim. And if you feel like this will you get there really early? I always feel like this but rarely does it pan out this way.

I sometimes feel that it would be better if there were someone fishing my first choice swim, 'cos I am invariably wrong with my first choice...but I still feel shattered if there is some jerk in MY swim :D

Cheers, Dave.

My self and Kev c had that last year , we were met by 2 bulgarians and 1 albanian fishing way before midnight we had the usual we speak no English speech but they soon got the message and after a brief conversation they were very pleasant , they were told how its ilegal to fish with out the rod licence and the club ticket etc but they just looked at us bewildered .

I also sat there last night with the footy on preping the gear and writing a list of what i need from the tackle shop today , happy days , good luck all.

Spent this evening rigging the rods and sorting through my ruck with the Italian game on in the background and the missus out for the night - heaven :p.
Boilies air drying and a pot of hemp simmering in the garage, I do believe I'm as good as ready, though I can't find my rod rests :eek:.

D.

Hey Duncan , Really ,really scary Its like Deja Vue !!! I could have written exactly the same :D:D:D

Hoping some fresh bait turns up in the post today as kind of forgot about that! However, 79p for some pepperami from the corner will prob cover that. Bags packed ready to go. No matter how early I get there I'm only ever just ready for the midnight cast out.

Good luck everyone, hope it's a good season and opening few days.

I was up til midnight last night, making my bait and sorting tackle !

Wednesday evening will be my first one.
Chomping at the bit is an understatement :p

Ian.

Yes, best of luck to you all.

My rod has been ready for weeks. The shoulder bag was resorted a few weeks ago, rigs tied, and new bait arrived last week. Need to put some new line on the centrepin tonight and get some drinks and food, and I'll be ready.

Tight lines....

Well this thread will probably reflect my fishing tomorrow....no bites I am of course at work and don't possess an iphone (see my earlier post). Good luck to all wherever you end up. More importantly, enjoy yourselves.

Back