• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The price of this reel!!

Anthony James

A quick share for others to benefit.

That’s a serious deal, virtually never discounted to less than £195 each. I have several of them, and they are superb. They are fetching more than that second hand on eBay!

Interestingly, when I looked on Monday they were on back order. Now there's more than 10 in stock. Makes you wonder if they're being discontinued at that price.

That’s a serious deal, virtually never discounted to less than £195 each. I have several of them, and they are superb. They are fetching more than that second hand on eBay!

What rod do you put them on lee ?? I use the Daiwa Amorphous Stillwater feeder for my Bream fishing, and was thinking of getting a second hand one to put on that, but at this price, I may as well buy new.

I thought the same a few years ago when the TDR18’s were on similar offerings, but they still keep selling them. Although, the TDR19 25QD distance is a more niche product.

Hi Simon,
they come in at 455g and balance perfectly with something like a 12-14ft distance type feeder setup. They are designed for distance casting and certainly live up to their billing. I have 4 of them, a couple of them on 13ft horizon distance 100 and 130g feeder rods, one on a 12 ft 6” feeder rod and one on a long range bait-up rod. I have a mixture of 0.18, 0.20, 0.24 mono, and 0.1, 0.12 and 0.16 braid on the spools.

Lee

If I didn’t have 4 already, I would have bought a couple at that price, I have just seen 2 go yesterday on eBay for £165 and £168 second hand.

Hi Simon,
they come in at 455g and balance perfectly with something like a 12-14ft distance type feeder setup. They are designed for distance casting and certainly live up to their billing. I have 4 of them, a couple of them on 13ft horizon distance 100 and 130g feeder rods, one on a 12 ft 6” feeder rod and one on a long range bait-up rod. I have a mixture of 0.18, 0.20, 0.24 mono, and 0.1, 0.12 and 0.16 braid on the spools.

Lee

I've got the AWL River as well, that I use at Staunton Harold with a 2 or 3oz tip for my long line. Maybe more suited for that rod ??

TFT are known for good deals if quick. Also they do rods at very good prices occasionally. Last week an auction for a new infinity barbel( current model) went for mid 140£ delivered. 3 years ago I was the only bidder on a 2.75 basia barbel and won at starting price 159.99 delivered. Smashing rod but too hefty for my needs. Proves their auctions are worth following.

£142 it went for😉 2 3/4 infinity evo. seriously, as Alec mentioned, their on line auctions are well worth following. I have had some serious bargains over the years to the point where I have wondered if they would post the item at the winning price.

They do. I got the basia. Could have collected it too, as close enough, my wife was the farm secretary where they are, 35 years ago!

Back