• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Perchfishers - The Biggest Fish Of All for sale

Christian Tyroll

Morning all

1 copy of The Perchfishers - The Biggest Fish Of All for sale - like new condition £135 posted.

Attachments

• 430052013_10168618706860249_7993485873906464271_n.jpeg
    430052013_10168618706860249_7993485873906464271_n.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 47
That's an expensive book. How many pages is it? I hope it has lots of glossy pictures ;)

372 pages.

It's a lovely book to be fair, lots of nice pictures, good stories and good stuff on techniques as well. I'm selling it on at what I paid for it, appreciate it is an outrageous amount of money. It's got some comprehensive stuff on Tring and the Thames which I wanted to read.

This and Somewhere Down a Crazy River have been on my to read list for as long as I can remember. Not sure I'll ever get to read that but we'll see.

372 pages.

It's a lovely book to be fair, lots of nice pictures, good stories and good stuff on techniques as well. I'm selling it on at what I paid for it, appreciate it is an outrageous amount of money. It's got some comprehensive stuff on Tring and the Thames which I wanted to read.

This and Somewhere Down a Crazy River have been on my to read list for as long as I can remember. Not sure I'll ever get to read that but we'll see.
I’m sure it’s excellent. It’s more expensive than some of the obscure academic pieces I have seen related to my PhD. Ironically the less popular the book, the higher the RRP sometimes 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m sure it’s excellent. It’s more expensive than some of the obscure academic pieces I have seen related to my PhD. Ironically the less popular the book, the higher the RRP sometimes 🤷🏻‍♂️
I remember a book dealer telling me something like that years ago. Out of print and obscure someone will want it!

It’s the best perch book ever and will only appreciate in value.

It’s also better than all the books I read relating to my PhD research.

Crikey, I wonder what my edition is worth?

View attachment 29018

I don't know if they ever sell but there's some fully signed ones around for sale at £250.

There's another unsigned copy up for £150 plus postage on eBay at the moment.

Personally I just want to read books so I'd never pay extra for a signed copy of anything. I'd also generally take a book in worse condition if it meant I was paying less for it.

I’ve always fancied reading ‘somewhere down the crazy river’ but ridiculously expensive.
I’m the same as Christian and buy most books just to read then move them on ….this perchfishers book and the tenchfishers one are top drawer.
Still also on the lookout for Tony Miles ‘my way with chub’

The carp book 'Waiting For Waddle' seems to be one of the ones that does genuinely sell for big money on a fairly regular basis, I've seen it go for over £300. I spoke to someone who had a copy from new and made a good bit of money on it, he said, 'It's not even that good' 😂

I’ve always fancied reading ‘somewhere down the crazy river’ but ridiculously expensive.
I’m the same as Christian and buy most books just to read then move them on ….this perchfishers book and the tenchfishers one are top drawer.
Still also on the lookout for Tony Miles ‘my way with chub’
You can buy a tatty paperback copy of SDTCR for about £70 !

I’ve got 3 pre First edition hardbacks (courtesy of Jeremy Wade) signed by both; and gawd knows what they are worth…..

‘Waiting for waddle’ was on my list to buy as well - until I found out it’s so scarce that it’s £300 plus…..

I’ve got hundreds of fishing books but only a few are seriously valuable. I think many have actually depreciated over the past 5 or 10 years.

Back