• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The next barbel river record

Next UK barbel record river?

• Total voters
I would of thought the back waters at Elton might throw up a monster or two, from what I have been reliable informed by a friend and the former river record holder.

Sam, use your pole for propping up the washing line :D, and get back on the rivers ;):) Your a star/record holder in the making :)

Sam, use your pole for propping up the washing line :D, and get back on the rivers ;):) Your a star/record holder in the making :)

Hi Derek.

95% of my match fishing is on the Severn! Don't fish many stillwater matches, they just aren't my thing at all. In fact, after this weekend coming, I won't be fishing a match until June!

Hi men,

Sam , the fish/fishes in the backwater are well known , and I know someone who changed from the Ouse to fish for it / them as he thought it had the same feel as Adams mill , but they still need a bit of a jump in weight , as 20lb is a tough barrier for any river .

Hatter

Interesting to see 8.33% of the votes going to rivers that have had not a single report posted on BFW in 2016-2017.

Got to love a bit of "omerta" ;-)

There's a lot more omerta about than most folk think Graham, but I for one refuse to talk about it :)

Hi men,

Derek , Iv not mentioned the captor , but he put it on facebook as he runs a bait company , he aint hiding it :)

Hatter

There's also a picture of another big Thames fish I've been shown, a big 17. Different bloke, different fish...two crackers

Hi men,

Derek , Iv not mentioned the captor , but he put it on facebook as he runs a bait company , he aint hiding it :)

Hatter

Hi Mark, not saying he's trying to hide it, but were not all Facebook savvy. Just saying, if he's a member on here, could he not of posted it on here ? :)

Hi men,

Ah , I see what you mean now fella . Iv emailed his company , see what comes back as its meant to be the third largest Thames barbel .

Hatter

Back