• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The home page Wandle record

Ian Grant

Senior Member & Supporter
A lovely Barbel from a river thats suffered so much, Well done Anibal, great to see it :)

Ian.

Yes well done that man:) a lovely fish from a stream on the way back it seems...

What a lovely beam of hope peeping through the general gloom overshadowing our rivers at the moment. Well done that man, a lovely fish against the odds to bring a smile to all our faces :)

Cheers, Dave.

I used to live close to the Wandle and considering it used to be little less than an open sewer, that capture is very encouraging.

What a stonker!!

Well done that man!

Cheered me up a lot!
When all you hear is doom and gloom, it is nice to see that some fisheries ARE improving.

Absolutely! Here he is:

4f68cfb943e54.jpg

Well done.

AF

surperb fish , from a fantastic little river /stream in places , hard to locate but well worth the effort !! Well done !!

Thanks Derek.... That fish's belly is does look quite big, could be a beer belly as there are many pubs along this river!

well done that man:) I tried along the back of willow lane estate when i worked there with no luck years ago, lunch times only though and before the big fish kill. nice to see it back in form;)

Back