• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Gudgeon World Angling Championships 2011

Give away a lifetime of Gobio Knowledge and all my Secret Swims? You've got to be joking (unless you can assure me a £100k sponsorship)...;)

Well I feel that I should be involved, albeit sotto voce or even tacet.

Gobio gobio, where for art thou Gobio?

As ever,

Hygo

Gonks indeed . A terrible name for such a noble fish . I caught a whopper gudgeon this morning , if I can work out how I will post a picture, on the gudgeon thread of course :)

Here you go Andy, one from earlier this year
IMG_0147.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of lumpy "Gonks"

100_3596.jpg

100_1968.jpg

You’ve have either got it or you haven’t!! :)

Blimey............You are right!!!
I have just consulted my Ladybird book.

So the one I caught the other evening at 7lb was not a Gudg??????

Walton you have ruined my life!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Blimey............You are right!!!
I have just consulted my Ladybird book.

So the one I caught the other evening at 7lb was not a Gudg??????

Walton you have ruined my life!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Aaaaw c'mon Keith....I mean I know it must be a bit difficult at times, having to peer out from between all that shrubbery, but they were never going to be ladybirds mate :rolleyes:

:D:D

Cheers, Dave

My 7 year old nephew bagged a 4oz one from the B'ham/Worcs canal a couple of months ago. The biggest Gudgeon I'd seen in 20+ years of fishing.

Buy One, Get One Free Offer!

Lee...Considering the British Record is 5oz, your nephews catch is truly special!

Keith...I am sure Andy and everyone on BFW knows you were only kidding and therfore you do not require any crisis counciling.:)

Back