• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The final week......

Traveling up for a few days on the Severn, putting the weather forecast to one side, just looking forward to being back on the river once again.

Got last two days of season booked off work so ill be out both of them. Forecast is terrible and most likely wont catch but you have to take the rough to apreciated the smooth.

Yep, I've got the week off and I'm going every day regardless
Must be right then what Will sais about you Cliff :D
All the very best anyway

I may just make it out for a final river session but not for the barbel. Trotted bread flake for the chub I think. Roll on next season.

Nick C

I have wimped out. It is 1 deg. C and occasional snow showers so I am just going to think back to those summer days fishing in shirt sleeves and look forward to June.

Weather is 0 degree wind chill of -7 my local river the bristol Avon is running low n clear with not many barbel left in it so don't fancy my chances much hence sod the last week it's been a disappointing end to a disappointing season really.

Roll on June me babbers!!!!!

Mark

Not fished since september.
Might get an arrow ticket for me and the mrs next season if she fancies it as helen hasnt fished for 3 years[lost the feeling for it she said but said the break has done her good].
Just be interesting to see if the arrow can throw up a fish again on the ol jb bio shellfish paste.
Bye bye season it was ****.

P

mh

The winter's fishing has been encapsulated for me by the number of days i've booked off work to go fishing which i've subsequently cancelled because of the weather.

And the last week is no exception. I'm damned if i'm sitting it out in this weather so of the three days i've booked off it looks likely to just be the fair fourteenth that i venture out.

Good luck to all those braver than me ;)

The winter's fishing has been encapsulated for me by the number of days i've booked off work to go fishing which i've subsequently cancelled because of the weather.

And the last week is no exception. I'm damned if i'm sitting it out in this weather so of the three days i've booked off it looks likely to just be the fair fourteenth that i venture out.

Good luck to all those braver than me ;)

Ditto! A week ago it was 15 degrees and I was licking my lips at the prospect of 3 days off this week on the river. And to top it off I now have an oil leak on the car and can't go anywhere until I get it fixed on Monday.

Hey ho, at least we have Jeremy Kyle :eek:

Ditto! A week ago it was 15 degrees and I was licking my lips at the prospect of 3 days off this week on the river. And to top it off I now have an oil leak on the car and can't go anywhere until I get it fixed on Monday.

Hey ho, at least we have Jeremy Kyle :eek:

Well, at least they can't say it's just us 'Southern Softies' Neil, 'cos Graham isn't a southerner :D

However, don't WHATEVER you do watch the Jeremy Kyle show, unless you want to get SERIOUSLY depressed watching sixty stone of quivering blubber screaming obscenities on stage. That is probably the average weight and usual activity of nearly every couple who come on that show, arguing the toss over which one of them spends all their benefits money on drugs, booze...or both, who is bonking who, and not a lot of care from either about the tiny tot/s sitting with a carer in the back room awaiting the results of the madness occurring on the stage :( My missus watches it at times...at which point I leave the room :mad:

Cheers, Dave.

Back