• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The eel

Apparently another 8 out recently too. Clonking great fish. :cool:

8lb 9 oz to a mate of mine :) just been looking at the photos massive !
Im on a water where there is a mix of big and narrow head eels .I also use to think it was 80 % one kind 20 % other .Trouble is the carp with worms saying that I took a carp around 15 lb on a dead roach last year from there

Last edited:
My run of blanks ended last night with eels of 3 lb 10 oz and 4 lb at last
014.jpg

The slaughter and sacrificing of the CITES red listed endangered eels by commercial fyke net and rack eel murderers is still going on down here on the Hampshire Avon and Dorset Stour and probably everywhere in the UK.
Although it is 'out of season', the EA have 'authorised' this continued devastation of the remaining eel population, and have issued commercial licenses to all those who had them last year. The slight difference is in the wording to make it more angler/public friendly. 'Commercial' has changed to 'Research', similar to the japs stating that their commercial killing of Whales is for research purposes and nothing else!
It is a fact that every 'single' eel that escapes the muderers nets and traps and makes it back to the sea, has the potential to produce 2-10 million, eggs/offspring, (2,000,000-10,000,000 per eel) which would be far better in aiding the worldwide eel recovery programme than ending up on a plate or on a college disection table to help gain a students PHD qualification:mad:

Last edited:
Well done dean. Still not had any sleep and my stuff is soaked but seeing you with some decent makes it worth it

QUOTE=Steve Williams;58954]Fluke.

You will soon be back to your normal blanking mate.....

Steve[/QUOTE]

May be so chubby Cheeks but when I do get one from my normal blanking place it be a monster !. Might have some where else to blank soon .

For anyone who`s interested this seasons elver catches were up about 500% from the last 2yrs.hopefully this is not a one off.

Another eel night for me and took this pb of 4 lb 1 oz . Bit happy as I been trying to catch a eel from this midlands still water for a few years

eels020.jpg

Well done, Deano. Glad you didn't leap around naked as you'd threatened if you caught ... the world just doesn't need that :p

A gorgeous-looking fish, wish you'd woken me, I'd have liked to have seen it. My turn next time? :rolleyes:

Back