• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Association of Barbel Fishers - Meet the Experts - 30th May 2012

Nathan Walter

I would like to thank Andy Frances for giving permission to the Association of Barbel Fishers to promote this event on his site. Much appreciated Andy.

abf_talk.jpg

To purchase a ticket for this event please click here

Nathan Walter

Association of Barbel Fishers
Promotion, Publicity & Events Officer

<edit : Please note that there will be no tickets issued and sent out. Pay by Paypal and we'll ensure you are on the list - paul4>

Six of us are coming from the Barbel Angler site, Met Len a couple of times on the Lower Benyons and have just brought his book, Looking foreward to the evening,

Regards Ray Thorpe

Hi Ray. He spent a lot of time on Ufton as well.

Looking forward very much to this event. Recommend all BFW members come along.

Graham

As Mark says above, would have loved to of come, but just a bit too far from Liverpool. Can we have the next one in the North West please. :) Preferably mid-week. :D cheers.

Just got back from a very professional and stimulating evening with the ABF team at Basingstoke.

Very well organised and a special treat to meet with some of the Stars of Angling and some of the people putting often unknown efforts into improving our waterway.

A great insight into the problems and actions on improvements by the unsung heroes of the Kennet and Thames (TAC)

Congratulations to all that organised and contributed on the night.

Great to meet many old pals and chat with some new faces.

Well Done All

Graham

Great evening, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and chatting with a host of familiar and not so familiar faces. I thought Keith Speer's explanation of his trotting for large fish philosophy was thought provoking as were the two pre panel presentations. Something of interest for all who attended, not the least the barmaids very enjoyable rear view.

Mic

Last edited:
I was delighted with the way the evening panned out. The venue suited our needs but it's a shame the bar was not in a separate room to the talk.

My thanks go to Paul Whiteing for all of his assistance and encouragement, to Geoff for his brilliant job as MC and to Kevin for being the Admin along with Paul and for his overall help. My thanks also go to Conrad for making the effort to come down and say a few words, despite numerous hurdles and I do hope you are feeling better mate.

Thanks to all those that attended. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. A very big thank you to our guests:

Charlotte from the ARK gave us a superb presentation. I will be getting back in touch with Charlotte to see what we as individuals and the Kennet angling clubs can do to help. She mentioned that they need feedback from us anglers on the state of the river lower down, so I'll be getting some more info to publish on that.

Dave from the TAC, once again provided a brilliant, professional and passionate presentation. I'll also get a little more info from Dave so we can publish on not just our ABF forum but on the other forums that allowed us to publicize and promote this event. (Many thanks to Andy Frances for his great support)

Len Arbery who I consider to be an angling legend. I found myself hanging on his every word and enjoyed his company and sharing stories from his angling photo album. To hear about his own successes and about the anglers that he not only fished with but learned from, was amazing. What an absolute gentleman. Len is the Tom Jones of angling. He's not a wannabe legend, he's the real deal.

Ray Walton. What a great guy. He’s very passionate, not only about fishing but conservation too. Great to hear him and again share an insight into what makes him tick. The guy is a phenomenal angler and is not frightened to speak out about controversial conservation issues and to hell with the consequences. It’s very refreshing in this day and age.

Keith Speer. Keith is a great speaker, with some wonderful tales to tell. Keith is such a good angler, just brilliant at what he does. Keith's knowledge and passion for angling and the river environment is second to none.

So a tremendous line up of 'experts' but more importantly genuinely nice people that were happy to spare their time and share their incredible passion for what they do.

Sorry a few of you couldn't make it due to travel difficulties. Let's hope next time things are a little easier.

Yes the barmaid, best brace I've seen in ages. :)

Thank you.

003-6.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

008-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

There should be a great sense of acheivement derived from organising and holding such events - a well done to all involved!

Regards

Damian

Steve

That barmaid made Ray and I a lovely cup of tea!!

Can't say I noticed what she was wearing;)

Back