• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Thank You Mr Elliott

Derek Funcks

Senior Member & Supporter
Would just like to say, a massive Thank You, to Mr Graham Elliott, for being a wonderful host/guide for the last 2 days on the river Wye. :) The fishing was extremely hard, as the water was so cold, but me and my pal ( John ), still, both managed to land a barbel. Thanks again Graham. Already looking forward to the summer. :)

Well done Derek, lucky you had a good guide in Graham! You all did well to get one in these cold days gone. :)

Cheers Derek. It was great to meet you both.

Real Shame your visit coincided with a minus 4 temp. In truth the fishing was desperately bad

Just to clarify. I only tried to give a few pointers def not as a guide.

Still getting requests 2 years after retiring...

I still blame the man for inflicting me with OBF, a condition that seems to have no known cure, causing sufferers to spend long hours on river banks in often hostile conditions.

Obsessive Barbel Fishing.

Yeah he showed me the Loddon and look what thats done to me....:(

You are right Foxy when things get desperate i change and fiddle with my baits, i know thats not the answer but i cant help it i also know that there are no magic baits, i spend pounds and pounds on ingredients to put a good boilie together and blank and then read of fish taken on a bit of 99p a tin luncheon meat or a £2 bag of pellets......Im an idiot i know:(

:D you need a guide on the Wye! !!:D:D:D:D please!!

I,d only ever fished it once before, and it was mates first ever visit. Sorry for not being as perfect as you Jeff.

Just been reading the Severn thread. Really sorry to hear about your tyres Jeff, whatever happened to them :eek:

Back