• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

TFG Freeflow centerpin ratchet spring broken.

Paul Collins

As per title. The ratchet mechanism has 2 small springs which act on the triangular ratchet 'tooth'. One of them has broken, unfortunately the wrong one to continue using it. Anyone know who could supply such a spring?
Thanks.
16304275009112699903969718363020.jpg

You could always swop them over to continue using it. Same thing happened to me and whilst I did manage to buy some springs of the correct size online the wire gauge and hence the 'springiness' was higher so it tends to keep pulling the ratchet back on when I don't want it to. Still on my to do list to fix.

Have you tried TFG customer service? I got a spare spring off them a couple of years back for a centre pin, differant model to yours.

Customer service number is 0871 9117045.

My local tackle dealer, who got the reel from TFG, has told me they've ceased trading. I'll give that number a try though.
Thanks

Or possibly try Jims reel shop - (07523142760) he carries a huge range of spares and may be able to supply something.

Paul it looks like you’ve just lost 2-3mm on the end of the spring. Would it make any difference if you just pulled that missing 2mm more length off the next loop down and re attached it

Back