• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

TF Gear Max Power Big Pit Reel

Sam Lloyd

Anyone own/used one of these ? After a cheap big pit for spodding so performance hasn't got to be amazing...

Thanks guys

for my marker reel shall i use braid ? i think i've read somewhere before its better for "feeling" the bottom out with ect

Just about Sam but i wouldnt expect one to last very long when spodding, also the linelay looks **** to me.

theres pairs of avocarp reels for £70 inc postage with some free mono. might just buy those on your recomendation Jez. The Shimanos are a bit over my low budget !!

I use wychwood marker braid but i know a few lads who use the esp spod and marker braid and they are happy with it.
For the spod i would use 8 or 10lb mono attached to a tapered daiwa leader, that way no risk of chopping your finger off while using braid. If you do decide to go down the braid route on the spod make sure you use a finger stall.

Went for the avocarp reels

I think i'll probably use mono on the spod rod as i've got a load of 10lb bullet xt and i just got 1400m of sufix 12lb with those avocarps.

Thanks for all your help Jez :D

Back