• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

TF Gear classic centrepin. RRP vs real price

Pete Thomas

I have one of these, it doesn't spin as freely as the Cortesi but as I wanted to use it to chuck leads down the edge that doesn't bother me.

It's nicely built but is a bit shiny and reflective, so if you're worried about that sort of thing it may put you off.

The only really negative thing is that after a while the spring that holds the ratchet in broke.

I contacted Fishtec and they were wonderful, they sent out a new spring immediately for no cost.

Unfortunately this lasted two sessions, and I can't be bothered to replace it.

Nathan Walter

I did a review on this reel on my blog (riverangler.wordpress.com)

They are very good and in my opinion a far better buy than the Cortesi. Since writing that review I have found that the ratchet spring is rather weak and prone to break. Despite that it is a very nice pin.

Nathan Walter

I'm sure you can get spares from Fishtec and if you do order a reel I would buy a spare spring. I've got someone making one for me so haven't been in touch with them.

Ray Thorpe

Had mine for a year now, use it for trotting for Grayling, its been fine so far, £47 from Bristol angling.

Ray