• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

text enhance pop up

Ray Ellis

Anyone know how to get rid of the text enhanced pop up that is driving me mad.tried to opt out from it, it says i have opted out but just keeps coming back:mad:

Install Firefox with the Add Block Pro add on. No more underlined words with random popups if you happen to get your cursor within half a screen of them.:)

Its on all sites Andy. Real pain in the ass, I use firefox so will have a look at the Add Block Pro add on suggested by Chris

I couldnt find Adblock, had a quick search onthe web and found some answers, ended up disabling all add ons and hey presto it worked.

just reinstalled ad block plus firefox, for some reason, the FF upgrades wiped the last version out.:rolleyes:

Do the originators of these annoying pop-ups really think that by p***ing you off it will sell their product, quite the opposite I think. Agree about u-tube, my favourites are ruined by unwanted ads that weren't there originally, it spoils the shuffle option for me.
But I suppose someone has to pay for all the free web stuff, might as well be the advertisers.

Do the originators of these annoying pop-ups really think that by p***ing you off it will sell their product, quite the opposite I think. Agree about u-tube, my favourites are ruined by unwanted ads that weren't there originally, it spoils the shuffle option for me.
But I suppose someone has to pay for all the free web stuff, might as well be the advertisers.

Just like the tv adverts for " Go Compare " the most annoying, irritating, **** on the planet, i vow never to visit their website because of him. :D

Ray, it looks like you've got some malware on your computer. You could try this suggestion from Microsoft Answers.

"This is a browser extension called "I want this" In Explorer, go to tools, manage add ons, toolbars and extentions and disable the "I want this" extension. In Google chrome click on the spanner icon,top right of page go to tools and go through the same process.After you have done this restart your browser and it should be gone. Then go to your control panel and remove/un-install the program " I Want This"

Back