• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tench

Thanks Michael - they dont really get fished for in this lake so they are in mint condition.

Can also confirm what Mr Berry says that the Waka does seem to attract tinca's quite well as I have had quite a few by accident while carping. Have to say that, as much as I love the Waka, it would not be my first choice for tenching - that would have to be maggots.

That top fish is a pearler Guy, how much bigger is the giant then ? ;)

Thanks Simon - The top fish was 9.08 and I had couple of 8's and the smallest fish I had was 6lbs I think.

I am no expert on Tench sizes but judging by their average sizes on the bank and then looking at them in the water I would say that the big one was ................ much much bigger :D

Tinca's...

Ahhhh.... Tench!

I wonder if we'll have to break the ice to fish for em in April?! :eek:

Chris might have confidence in an ook by then perhaps?:)

Roll on spring - worst winter ever so far. :(

On the bait subject, what worms do most of you guys use (lobs, dendras etc)

As IMO the best bait barring none for tench has to be redworms....:) Down sides are collecting your own, as for prime 'A1' quality ones they're best sourced from mature cow sh1t!!:eek:
And bloody bream love them.:mad:

Other winning baits for me are the usuals red maggots, corn, pellets and boilies.

For a spod mix my normal mix is 40% hemp, 40% wheat and 20% pellets.
Best pellets IMO are crab and krill.;)

I must admit to being very interested in this "jungle" stuff, sounds like the dogs b******s.

Patrick, what exactly is it?

Back