• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ted Carter Floodwater

Adam Ditchburn

I have been offered a unused Ted Carter Floodwater for £155.

It's on a Harrisons blank with twin tops 1.75/2.25lb anyone with experience with these rods? is it worth that sort of money?

Cheers again Adam

One sold on ebay this week for around that, so I imagine it could well be that one.
Its probably a single tip rod where someone has bought a smaller or greater tc top section.
I think they are 1.75tc (summer) 2.2tc (winter) single tips normally. Nice Harrison built rods with a good action but I am not aware if they actually did or do a twin tip version.

Thanks for the quick replies, if they did supply it with twin tips ( it maybe say 5 years old and unsused) is it worth that sort of money?

Cheers Clive

Spoke with Ted Carter this morning, they said that it could be possible that they supplied it as a Winter Barbel and supplied an extra top so it would cost around £250 to the buyer so around 35% off inc of courier seems ok to me.

Got a pair of the 2.25TC rods, nice bits of kit, very powerful. The £155 for a twin top version sounds OK, provided the tops fit OK, might be an odd, fast taper type action with the lighter top on the heavy butt??
peter

Cheers Peter, found it is a rod that was indeed produced by harrisons for Ted Carter, the butt section is the same as their summer/winter Barbel rods just with different tips.

Back