• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Team Normark Quiver.Tip NCQT 132.3 NO 1

Danny Collins

Can anyone in the know give me any info on the above rod.its a 4 piece rod in all lengths are 45" and 2 pieces are the quiver tips. one tip is greyish tip and the other one black. The reel rings are the old fashioned black Plastic sliding type. The rod bag is black with red piping.
Tite lines Dan:)

I have had a few of the normark rods, for me they have produced some of the finest rods ever made, probably the Team Normark/2000 range are the best match rods ever produced and they still go for silly money now on ebay. Now I am not all knowledgable on normarks but the rod you have was before the Team normark rods, in its day the rod was the best available at the time, the rings are top class, a superb blank and a very forging action to boot. I belive its was made as an out and out bream rod that can be used on rivers and lakes etc, it was quite a long quiver rod in its day when 9-10 foot was the norm and quivers had just started taking over from swing tips, I still have swing tips to this day tucked away in my garage that I made as a 13 year old and the quiver rage had just started about then and that when Normark jumped on the band wagon and imo produced the best quiver rod availble at the time. Thats what you have in your hand.
whats it worth? well anything between 40 and 80 pound imo as the Team Normark quiver rods that were produced after are the most sought after normark rod, these go for up to £200.

Thats all I know

Jon

Normark

Cheers Jon I'm off to the Upper Wye for a few days next week trotting for Grayling , but if the River is high or coloured I will give this Rod a go for the Chub. :) Dan

I still have one with both no.1 and no.2 tips , great rod , it used to be my main small river Barbel rod but it was originally designed for match anglers as a stillwater tip rod with one tip and a river rod with the other. I cannot recall which tip did what though.I bought mine from Harefield Tackle in about 1995 I think.

Back