• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tackle bag stinks

Hi Tony,
I buy a roll of plastic bags, the food and freezer type, I get these from Macro's they cost about £7.00 , there are 200 in a roll, I use these to put the bait in, very light, no smells and throw them in the bin when they are finished.
Brian.

Hi Tony,
I buy a roll of plastic bags, the food and freezer type, I get these from Macro's they cost about £7.00 , there are 200 in a roll, I use these to put the bait in, very light, no smells and throw them in the bin when they are finished.
Brian.

I think is because some hemp leaked all of the bag but I think your right a simple idea is to re bag in secure bags and chuck when done :)

.Firstly dont store your bait in a bag.

.Next move is to go on the net and get some peppermint oil/essence.(its not cheap)

.Spray tackle bag with oil, and keep your bait in a sealed plastic tub.

.Your welcome

A serious solution to your smelly car problem would be a boot liner or a trip to the builders merchants where you can get heavy duty polythene to lay in your car before you put your tackle in.

Any double entendre's are entirely in the mind of the reader.

I remember them Ade...weren't they called 'washable' ones or something? Don't remember buying them from a builders merchants though. Didn't get involved in that other stuff you mention...one woman at a time gave me enough problems, whether in a Honda or any other type of car....

Cheers, Dave.

I remember them Ade...weren't they called 'washable' ones or something? Don't remember buying them from a builders merchants though. Didn't get involved in that other stuff you mention...one woman at a time gave me enough problems, whether in a Honda or any other type of car....

Cheers, Dave.

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.:D

Back