• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Swingtip?

Dave like you I fished it an angle.
An old friend of mine was taught to swing tip by Ivan and he made him sit on his hands until it straightened out. A good tip for anyone fishing nowadays, ignore those impossible to hit little twitches and taps wait until they really have it then hit 'em.

Paul

that take's me back, when i was just starting fishing way back in about 1983, an old boy said to me, here's a tip for the swingtip....lol..sit on yer hands.

Ahhhh...memories of catching bream on a local resovoir trying to hit those roach bites that you wont see on a quiver tip, tench banging it round and pulling the rod off the rest along with odd wrap around when trying to cast sideways because of trees behind you.
Then there was the the butt indicator followed by the trendy "Spring Tip" that was a quiver and swingtip in one. Does anyone remember them?:)

Back