• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

surfix

Gary Wagstaff

looking to change mainline for the coming season like the look of the surfix duo core camo line in 12lb .erics angling doing it for £9.49 free p&p has anybody used this line
gaz

Never heard of that mate, I've still got plenty of sub line in 12lb if you want to spool up with that mate and give it a try;)

What are the synergy and xcelon mainlines like?

I,ll stick with my Sensor if thats ok with you guys, cheap as chips, and NEVER had an issue with it. :)

I've been using this line for 7 or 8 years now and never had any problems with it in 10lb and 12lb breaking strains. Knots well and the line lay is straight and limp.
It's come down in price a bit though, so hope this doesn't reflect any changes in materials.

Ive seen some Xcelon and the Synergy going cheap on ebay lately, thats probably the reason why...It could be as old as the hills..

I have been using Duo Core in 12 and xcelyon in 8 and 10 for the last 7 or so years. Fantastic lines. Far better line that the Diawa Duo and I have tried that.
The synergy line I find a bit wirey.
Never had a problem with duo or xcelyon, as Mark says, low memory and fantastic lines.
I bought a load in March and respooled with it for my tenching, no problems at all.
I think it's going cheap as it's being discontinued and people are getting rid of their stock.
Don't buy the clear stuff it's rubbish, green or the duo core all the way

Thanks Nick, not much Xcelon about now its mainly Synergy, will check out the Duo Core.....

Hi Nick, it was you that got me into the Duo Core. I think I had a look at it on your Barbel Catchers pin and Harrison four-piece set-up. Since been using it in 8, 10 & 12lb bs with no problems. Very reliable stuff.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but has anybody got any suggestions for decent 4 & 6lb line for chubbing? God knows I've tried a few. I was very happy with the Fox Illusion flouro (in 6lb bs), but they stopped making it a few years back.

Back