• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

stripping line

Rapala line stripper works well, put the line in the right direction, press the button and aim into a bin.

I just took a plastic water bottle, removed the lid, drilled a hole in the lid and put a twoinch nut and bolt through it, fastened it up tight , replace the lid on the empty bottle .
I use it in the chuck of my battery drill, it empties a spool in seconds. The one below has hundreds of yards of various lines on from my beach, boat and coarse reels . Once it is full I just wind some brown parcel tape around the line on the bottle, bin it and get another bottle … start again.

image.jpg
image.jpg

David

Drill and a core off a toilet roll
Very quick and tidy and dead line Less likely to cause a problem down the waste disposal chain
Assuming you don’t fully respool if you feed the line through your fingers as it comes off you feel the Albright knot so a logical point to stop and rejoin new line 👍

Ive always used a good set of braid scissors {gardener }, quick line removal, and no damage to the spool.

Back