• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

storm poles

Hi Gary,
I think Fox take some beating, but have a look at Nash H-Gun, they are much cheaper.
Make sure you get ones with a nice screw thread at the bottom for getting into some hard ground.
Brian.

I'd say Dinsmore all day long. Really aggressive thread that screws into the ground really firmly. Comes in various lengths and diameters.

The stiffest have to be the nash h gun for fishing. The fox more aesthetically pleasing but bendier.

The stiffest have to be the nash h gun for fishing. The fox more aesthetically pleasing but bendier.

wow Jon, i thought aeshetically was a term applied to pretty females not bank sticks:D

Many thanks to those who answered, will look at the 3 sorts and make a quick decision.

Thanks for the suggestions, now time to spend some money again, let u know what i get !

Do the PowerDrive storm poles come with a through hole near the top, and a tommy bar to screw them into the ground? Their replacement umbrella poles seem to have that.

Cheers, Dave.

Dave,
All the Dinsmore storm poles and bank sticks of varying lengths that I have, all came with the hole/tommy bar feature, which is very useful especially when gravel and stones are encountered. I'm sure they're still British made.......which is nice.

The screw in type are very good on short stom poles, but if fishing Trent style a pointy end is more favourable to get the stick deeper into the bank. A screw thread is no good for pushing in.

I would have thought you just have to keep on screwing Jon :D

Seriously though, the screw point looks to be slightly larger in diameter than the actual pole, so presumably the pole would follow the point without a problem? However, knowing you, you have probably tried that...did it not work too well, or was it because you couldn't be arsed with the faffing about? :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Back