• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Storm Babet

Kevin Brown

Senior Member & Supporter
Ok who’s out in this ?!

It’s actually not that bad under the brolly and out of the wind n rain

No barbel yet ….

IMG_5082.jpeg

Was planning on going after work but recon the Severn will have burst its banks by that point so not sure if I’ll bother yet. Good luck though

Bivvy bound nr Limoges, I've fished in everything from the mad storm in 87, to 40 degrees heat, woken up to frozen lakes, flooded lakes and everything in between. The rain we had here last night was right up there. Tomorrow 690 mile drive back to Birmingham, can anyone send me a boat or maybe a submarine

If you can find somewhere safe and sheltered to fish then it's great conditions, low pressure and warm water coming in. One of my bits of the Trent fished very well yesterday...unfortunately I was 130 miles away from it!

Them crampon are one of the most useful bits of kit I've bought for a long time👍
I've recently put some crampons on a pair of my fishing boots. After just two trips I've now got them on three pairs of boots to save swapping them over when there all muddy. Only cheap ones from Amazon but I wish I had been using the for years gone. Great grip on slippery banks..

I was out for 5 hours yesterday evening between showers. It was ok (apart from no fish). Abingdon area. River was up with a good flow. It's up another foot since. Need to out again.

I've recently put some crampons on a pair of my fishing boots. After just two trips I've now got them on three pairs of boots to save swapping them over when there all muddy. Only cheap ones from Amazon but I wish I had been using the for years gone. Great grip on slippery banks..
I got mine off Amazon too Stephen, after someone recommended them. I was surprised at the difference they make on slippery banks

I was going to fish today but after a discussion with my mate we both abandoned the idea.

I don’t own any 8oz leads and he reckons that would be the requirement today - judging by the flow and the fast rising level.

I did 48 hours on the Thames for two bream in the heavy rain. River came up a lot, looked great, hidden snags getting pushed around in the river. I can’t recommend it when the rain is pounding on the umbrella so hard there‘s no chance of sleep. Thought it would be peak time but no joy.

Back