• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Storage of sundry items

Paul Cahill

Has anyone got a recommendation for a tackle box suitable for storing my sundries in my rucksack? The typical box I see in tackle shops tend to be too geared towards fiddly carp items and not suitable for things like bait droppers, leads, spools of flouro etc.

Is there anything anyone can recommend in between these carp boxes and those bulky multi-tiered things we used in the 80s?

Paul, apart from baitdroppers i can usually get all my odds and ends for a weekends fishing into a small stove bag mines about 5"x 5" with a zip around the top edge its worked fine for years now mate,takes very little room in my light shoulder bag and costs less than a tenner:)

Look at the new drennan visicases or visibags. I use them for pole cups/toss pots and my method feeders/moulds

Poundland do a squarish snap clip lunchbox in pale green. I've bought a couple and they are fine for tough odds and ends. You can always add a bit of padding if you are worried about things rattling about.

Not very ultracult but quite practical

Having done the fox box, double fox box, small fox box, camo fox box etc etc etc I now use a small soft pouch for hook packets, scissors, and all other sundries
I then have a small clamshell box for swivels, lead clips etc - the ones that open to reveal little plastic lids over different compartments
Suits me fine,

Back