• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Still damp in Ross on Wye today!!!

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
IMG-20240102-WA0000.jpg

Relentless isn’t it.

At least the rain is disappearing from the forecast over the next few days. I wonder how long it will take to properly thin down, the ground is going be chucking out water for a while I reckon. Not that much I’ll have much time to get out anyway.

I live in North Devon On the coast and I've never seen the lanes like it! Some were unpassable in anything but a big become like mine. The standard lanes were literally like driving up a steam absolutely insane! A local food went to approximately 3.5 feet. Can't comprehend what the rivers are doing we need a break!

It's due to peak tonight sometime at Ross. We've got a spell of dry and settled weather on the way, but it's going to be cold, probably too bloody cold fish once we can get close enough to the rivers!

It's due to peak tonight sometime at Ross. We've got a spell of dry and settled weather on the way, but it's going to be cold, probably too bloody cold fish once we can get close enough to the rivers!
Usually one of the local rivers gives you a chance of a fish. However Severn and Warks Avon also over the bank.
The local lakes have taken a bright orange colour, typical with soil run off, that turns the fish right off as well. Hope the Wye drops enough for a trot by Fri as guests over the Weekend.
The Sun match Hereford cancelled if anyone can npw get out then

Stir crazy at moment.

Usually one of the local rivers gives you a chance of a fish. However Severn and Warks Avon also over the bank.
The local lakes have taken a bright orange colour, typical with soil run off, that turns the fish right off as well. Hope the Wye drops enough for a trot by Fri as guests over the Weekend.
The Sun match Hereford cancelled if anyone can npw get out then

Stir crazy at moment.
The banks will be a bit soggy, to say the least for a bit too, once it's bank within it's banks. It's the same across the country though isn't it! The Trent is a right mess. I was by Ringwood earlier in the week and the Avon looked pretty bad also.

Collingham AA have posted today that the levels on Carlton Ferry Lane have gone above the marks from the floods of 1973 and 2000. :oops:

Back