• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sticklebacks to Throwing Sticks by Tom Bankes

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I've recently produced an angling related website for a lovely chap called Tom Bankes who many will have heard of. Tom has recently published a fantastic book called 'Sticklebacks to Throwing Sticks' and has two more on the way.

I now have stock of the book in the BFW Shop for anyone who would like a copy:

Thanks,

Andy F

Ps. Tom's website can be seen here https://tombankesangling.co.uk/

It’s a great book.

Just be aware that it is written in a somewhat idiosyncratic style.….l

Hi men ,

I had the pleasure of writing to him with a polite letter to be considered for a syndicate on a lake he runs , with a covering recommendation from a long standing member . Then when the membership was due a follow up text , then a phone call from me with a polite request to be considered for Savay ticket . It did not go well , I think he thought he was talking to snotty nose kid rather than someone who fished the lake over 30 years ago 😲 😁, but heyho it takes all-sorts .

Got loads of books , and as I never hold grudges , this one will end up end up in my collection 👍

Hatter

Absolutely fantastic book

Not a pike angler at all but the chapter on his pike syndicate is superb

As for the Savay chapters, some of carp are unreal.

About 2 years ago I had an email out of the blue from chap called Tom Bankes. I knew of him and had heard lots of tales and stories but until I actually spoke to him he was this mythical legend and I had visions of a Strider sort of character from Lord of the Rings. I rang him 5 minutes later and we hit it off from the start! Together along witH Stuart Morgan who handles the print we have created what I think will become a 'classic'. Tom's writing style is unique and often hilarious! He is also a very talented artist as well as being an absolute perfectionist! There were some twists and turns early on but it has been a real pleasure working on this project and I would now class Tom as one of my best mates! Bracing myself for the next 2 books! I would recommend this book to all anglers and for the size and specification it really is value for money.

About 2 years ago I had an email out of the blue from chap called Tom Bankes. I knew of him and had heard lots of tales and stories but until I actually spoke to him he was this mythical legend and I had visions of a Strider sort of character from Lord of the Rings. I rang him 5 minutes later and we hit it off from the start! Together along witH Stuart Morgan who handles the print we have created what I think will become a 'classic'. Tom's writing style is unique and often hilarious! He is also a very talented artist as well as being an absolute perfectionist! There were some twists and turns early on but it has been a real pleasure working on this project and I would now class Tom as one of my best mates! Bracing myself for the next 2 books! I would recommend this book to all anglers and for the size and specification it really is value for money.

Do you know when the next one is due Martin?

Just spoke to Tom as it happens and we are both bracing ourselves for book 2. Realistically reckon it will probably be similar time to this year or a bit later. Probably between July and October. Cheers, Martin

Just spoke to Tom as it happens and we are both bracing ourselves for book 2. Realistically reckon it will probably be similar time to this year or a bit later. Probably between July and October. Cheers, Martin

Oh I was hoping it would be quicker hahaha

No doubt I'll end up reading this one again then

Well, I'm impressed by both the quality of the production and the speed with which the BFW shop got it to me. Very much looking forward to reading this, it looks superb. Out of interest, does anyone know how many copies were produced?

Well, I'm impressed by both the quality of the production and the speed with which the BFW shop got it to me. Very much looking forward to reading this, it looks superb. Out of interest, does anyone know how many copies were produced?
Glad it made it to you safely Stephen :)

Back