• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Steve Williams (Scuba Steve) - Reel Angling Hero

Will Smith

Just to make him blush - from Page 11 of this week's Angler's Mail article on "Reel Angling Heroes" - Angler's Mail editor Tim Knight asked correspondents from "Team AM" to name their local heroes...Every one of the heroes named here will get a gold framed certificate...To all the angling heroes on these pages and the many others who make our sport great: we salute you all!:

Theresonlyone.jpg

Cheers lads...

Sadly not the best couple of days as Ben was taken into hospital yesterday with a sever asthma attack. Touch and go for a while whether he was going to need to go to intensive care, but thankfully it looks like the fantastic nurses and doctors at the Prinsess Royal have got it under control, for now...

Not a nice way for him to have to spend his 11th birthday...

Steve

Hope Ben is feeling much better now Steve .my grandson had the same problem when bens age and everybody was down in the family.if its any consolation he grew out of it and now is as fit as a flea and happy.
Albert.

Steve, it is one of life's nasty, sad little jokes that a person who has done much to help other youngsters finds that he that he can do nothing to help his own son when he is suffering. Lets all hope that Ben does grow out of it, as so many do, and ends up 'fit as a flea' like Albert's grandson.

Cheers, Dave.

Hope he feels better soon Steve, sorry to hear you had that worry anytime let alone on his birthday.:(
All the best, keep up the good work.:)

Thats bad news Steve and on his birthday as well:mad: Hope that he is on the mend now...

Really sorry to hear about Ben, Steve. I'm glad he's okay and hope they get it properly under control. Must have been pretty terrifying at the time.

Hero for me after helping me with my wet tackle back to the car. Say hello to Ben for me hope he getting well

Hi men,

See it on Facebook Steve , kids being poorly is the worst thing poss , in good hands though !.

Hatter

Cheers lads...

Sadly not the best couple of days as Ben was taken into hospital yesterday with a sever asthma attack. Touch and go for a while whether he was going to need to go to intensive care, but thankfully it looks like the fantastic nurses and doctors at the Prinsess Royal have got it under control, for now...

Not a nice way for him to have to spend his 11th birthday...

Steve

So sorry to hear about Ben mate, I do hope he's well on the mend. My very best to the family. Take care Jim. I feel another Bridgenorth evening coming on, I'll drop you an email.:) Congratulations on the A/M

Hi all.
Cheers for the get well comments for Ben.

They have started to drop off some of the medication to see how he reacts. He will have to spend at least another night in the hospitals, but it does seem that he's over the worst of it...

Steve

Back