• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

(Stealing) A day in the life of Keith Speer

Howard Cooke

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Keith who had the misfortune on Monday of spending a day with me on the Kennet in an attempt to try and teach me how to combine a rod, a centre pin, a float and then other bits, to good effect on moving water. And all for the a contribution to his fag and chocolate fund. I wanted to add another dimension to my fishing and learning to trot seemed like the right answer. It was a glorious day and for a very brief moment I was ahead in number of coarse fish caught. That really didn't last long. Great instruction, great company and I know feel confident in deploying this technique next season. Its a very absorbing way to fish and I now realise what I have been missing. Keith even shared some of his chocolate.

Howard

If he was paid in fags and chocolate [which should have gone to Leslie] then I suggest he has lost his amateur status. A close season meeting will be convened by the WBC and he shall be called to account. Free tuition is however not a problem.

Mike

Lads

I can confirm that todays chocolate was shared and it was a rather large bar. It was the second best thing of the day, bacon rolls came first:)

Back