• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Starlight holders

What size do you get mate, iv looked at them but im not sure what size to get.
I normally have a MEDIUM one towards the rod tip and a LARGE one a foot below it.

This is an image of x2 LARGE ones on a 1.75LB Greys Prodigy rod (as I’ve run out of MEDIUM sized ones).

IMG_8172.jpeg
IMG_8124.jpeg

Completely sold on the Shark lights with a bit of modification to tone the light down a bit. I like the ones that go from green to red . Not everyone's cup of tea . Don't bother with rechargeable battteries the myriad of others on sale last for ages.
Absolutely love mine. The brightness did my head in to start off with but grew to like it as you don’t need to be staring at the rod tip to know you got a bite as you’ll notice it’s suddenly gotten darker lol. Plus you can always see it out the corner of your eye. I wouldn’t want to go back to standard isotopes after using these. As for battery life I only get 12 hours before they stop lighting up green on the ones that come with it and the ones I brought off Temu. It will still flash red though if you get a knock even when they no longer shine green but Iv generally changed the battery over before it gets to that point

Back