• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Starlight holders

Available from BFW
Screenshot_20240618_193558_Chrome.jpg

I use these, quick and simple. And they lay flat. 👍

Slightly cheaper here.

Last edited:
How do this fit on to your rods?
Pull the clear tube off and the black plastic part is hinged wrap it round your rod tip ( I put mine on the ferrul of the tip ring ) then replace clear rubber part insert isotope then wait for it to disappear round the corner of the reeds

I use these, quick and simple. And they lay flat. 👍

Slightly cheaper here.

I use these and they are excellent. Can easily get 36-hours out of them too.

I have the proper Drennan Isotopes but hardly use them anymore.

It's always a pain fixing isotopes. OK on my Torrix I have a whipped rubber tubing which takes all sizes if you fiddle with sleeves.
A quick easy way mentioned on here is plasticine or blue tack which is fine for the bigger disposable isotopes.

Enterprise c**p rod-sized isotope holders fitted onto tip ring tube seems to prevent tangles a lot more than fitted lower down in the the regular way (for me anyway).

And I have less small black bits of plastic to lose in the twilight in the grass,!

Is there an FAQ on attaching photos?

If I upload I see a thumbnail that disappears after I post reply.

If I use the photo icon and drag/ copy here the snip shows for a second then disappears with an "oops we ran into a problem" error message.

Thanks

Is there an FAQ on attaching photos?

If I upload I see a thumbnail that disappears after I post reply.

If I use the photo icon and drag/ copy here the snip shows for a second then disappears with an "oops we ran into a problem" error message.

Thanks
What format is the image? This could be the problem, or if the file size is huge…

Cheers, Andy F

Completely sold on the Shark lights with a bit of modification to tone the light down a bit. I like the ones that go from green to red . Not everyone's cup of tea . Don't bother with rechargeable battteries the myriad of others on sale last for ages.

Back