• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Stalker seats

Haydn Clarke

Senior Member & Supporter
Any ideas where or who makes a stalker seat (the padded foam fold up type) anymore. I have the Shimano Stalker and a mate of mine's trying to get one but no joy. Even the prologic one seems to be hard to find now.

Cheers,
Haydn

Cotswold Acquarius used to make them, not sure if they still do and the original was the nash Bum Buddy.....

I thought that too. Luckily I got my Shimano one, which looks to be much better for 25 quid brand spanking on ebay. Result! They seem to be hard to find these days. Nash discontinued the nicely named bum buddy and it looks that Shimano and Prologic have discontinued their ones too. Surely a nice little gap in the market for one of them.

Haydn

I was looking l for ages to find some thing for roaming chairs to big he is my report. Dont get the free spirit one like sitting on a beer mat to thin. Shimano bum buddy does the job best i found was the Nash Bum buddy like the best ones they have stop making them now. The cotsworld seem to much for what it is.

Camping shops sell these things, bought one a couple of years ago for about a tenner. Thought it was **** to be honest, whether that was because it was a cheap camping one I don't know.
Much prefer my custom made 'cushion wrapped in an old umbrella' any day!

I have a JRC version, similar to the Nash bum buddy, cost under £30 if I remember rightly, although I dont know if they still do them.

I have a JRC version, similar to the Nash bum buddy, cost under £30 if I remember rightly, although I dont know if they still do them.

i think that's the dave lane guest chair ?

one of those cheapy fold up unhooking mats make a nice thick cushion when not unhooking a fish if folded and tucked on the bum buddy....j.w;)

The JRC one was called the Bank Mate. I had one. Several season's use ended this winter when it fell to bits. It's not made any more, so i'm looking for a new one too!

It would appear that there is a huge gap in the market here and if a good manufacturer got things together they would be onto a winner.
Let's hope someone with influence at ESP or Korum or someone sees this thread and puts something together.
Maybe it is a niche for the BFW shop??

Rich.:)

Rich funny you said i got a mate who is thinking the same thing and was looking to bring some thing like that out

As long as it is totally waterproof with a thicker covering on it's base,got good quaility dense foam but still very flexible and a carrying strap for over the shoulder they would be onto a winner Deano.And if it came in a choice of Max 4 or Pink then so much the better!!:D
Rich.:)

Rich as i was saying to this lad there is a big market for it and yes it be in pink as well .

Back