• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

!st Tench

Fabulous Peter. I really can't wait for some tench fishing. Season before last I resolved to get started a bit earlier the season than usual, but that plan was obviously shelved for obvious reasons last season.

A 24 hour Tench session that started with a very pretty real carp.
Nine Tench topped with an 8lber

Attachments

• 20210427_145932.jpg
    20210427_145932.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 264
  • 20210428_084726.jpg
    20210428_084726.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 262
Not my/our first Tench catch of this spring but had a 5 hour session with my fishing pal this morning. We had six a piece (+ I lost one)...2 x 8lbs. 3 x 7 lbs 3 x 6lbs 3 x 5lb and a 4lb 10oz. I had the smallest and the largest (8lb 5oz) which is a new PB for me and my first 8 plus. Got a sort of a fuzzy satisfaction and a silly grin on my chops. All caught on maggot feeder tactics with 4 reds on the hook. Made up for yesterday’s blank 🤣

Not my/our first Tench catch of this spring but had a 5 hour session with my fishing pal this morning. We had six a piece (+ I lost one)...2 x 8lbs. 3 x 7 lbs 3 x 6lbs 3 x 5lb and a 4lb 10oz. I had the smallest and the largest (8lb 5oz) which is a new PB for me and my first 8 plus. Got a sort of a fuzzy satisfaction and a silly grin on my chops. All caught on maggot feeder tactics with 4 reds on the hook. Made up for yesterday’s blank 🤣
That’s some cracking sport Bill. Nicely done

Great fishing Bill. Well done on your pb

Great fishing Bill. Well done on your pb
Many thanks Graham but I’m really going to crow now! Returned today on my own (mate working me retired 😁) fished a bit longer but ended with 11 Tench smallest 2lb 10oz all others over 5lb topped with another PB of 8lb 14oz and not a sign of spawn. Breakdown: 1 x 2lb+ 1 x 5lb+ 4 x 6 lb+ 4 x 7lb+ 1 x 8lb+. To say I’m over the moon is an understatement 😁 Tactics as yesterday, 4 x red maggots on size 10 hook. 1.5oz maggot feeder fished at 30yds.

Many thanks Graham but I’m really going to crow now! Returned today on my own (mate working me retired 😁) fished a bit longer but ended with 11 Tench smallest 2lb 10oz all others over 5lb topped with another PB of 8lb 14oz and not a sign of spawn. Breakdown: 1 x 2lb+ 1 x 5lb+ 4 x 6 lb+ 4 x 7lb+ 1 x 8lb+. To say I’m over the moon is an understatement 😁 Tactics as yesterday, 4 x red maggots on size 10 hook. 1.5oz maggot feeder fished at 30yds.
It’s obviously over stocked with them bill 🤣🤣

I am tenching Monday Bill.
Beautiful fish

It’s obviously over stocked with them bill 🤣🤣
They crawl up the bank on their pecs Rich....amazing thing is there only appears to me and my pal that’s fishing for them . Had a Carpy fella stop bye and he was gob smacked that I should fish for Tench intentionally. Tales all sorts I ‘spose.

Good Luck Graham, I love ‘em. I have another water where I can catch bags of fish but nothing bigger than 4 lb. that’s my float fish water, lift method tactics in amongst the lillies. Love it !
Yes. I know a water like that. Had 35 one day between 3 and 6lbish on the float.

I am going to places that might just might give me a chance of something special.

Wow, that's some quality tench fishing Bill - well done 👍
Having my first go next week. Unfortunately not a venue for the traditional float methods - mainly method feeder/helicopter at range but fish up to 10ish so worth a go. Might even get my bivvy out & do a night 😮

Back