• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spring is sprung

:) - had a mole swim the width of the Wey on opening day year before last, right to my swim - never seen anything like it! TBH a lot of the best experiences on trips are nothing to do with fish.

The sunshine yesterday seems to have woken things up a bit, a Stoat was seen bothering the Rabbits and then this little chap paid me a visit.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2szx94gsp6dphp9/2017-03-25 14.41.13.mp4?dl=0

There's more to fishing than catching fish.

Last summer I was happily sat in some undergrowth waiting for the tip to wrap round, I was poised and focused too. Then a grass snake just like that erupted out a hole in the ground and made a dash for the river. I'm not embarrassed to admit it gave me a proper fright!

:) - had a mole swim the width of the Wey on opening day year before last, right to my swim - never seen anything like it! TBH a lot of the best experiences on trips are nothing to do with fish.

I had 2 moles come up between my feet and have a fight a couple of seasons ago. Was proper crazy

The only time I have actually seen a mole is when I was walking my dog and one fell out of a tree in front of us! :eek:.
Recently taken by an owl/hawk I suspect.

The only time I have actually seen a mole is when I was walking my dog and one fell out of a tree in front of us! :eek:.
Recently taken by an owl/hawk I suspect.

The other year I was fishing and this little chap got his sense of direction wrong and dropped into the Trent. He did not seem to be a good swimmer so I fished him out with my landing net and repatriated him into the field behind.

Attachments

• Mole in the hand---.jpg
    Mole in the hand---.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 218
Back