• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spoppers

Hi, any feedback on the Korum bobbers ?
Spring is absolutely rubbish it has no power and snaps after a while. I made and fitted a new much thicker one in mine. It’s got enough kick now to knock ‘em out cold if they get too close 🤣
The plastic is brittle it cracks rather than bends. At 11 quid they are ok but the don’t beat the conversions on the genuine spomb

Paul Fisk is now producing them to Chris's original conversation.
A lot of people can convert them. It’s not difficult once you’ve done a couple.

I’ve made and sold hundreds of them. The problem now is Korum have obliterated the market price. I can’t get anywhere near 11 quid for mine so I’ve not made any in ages.

I like the mini Spoppers best for the small rivers where the 2oz dropper was perfect.
I can get these in at 55g
IMG_8748.jpeg
IMG_8747.jpeg

I’ve made and sold hundreds of them. The problem now is Korum have obliterated the market price. I can’t get anywhere near 11 quid for mine so I’ve not made any in ages.

I like the mini Spoppers best for the small rivers where the 2oz dropper was perfect.
I can get these in at 55g View attachment 23821View attachment 23822
I can vouch for that. They are excellent.

I got some off Eddie Bray who's a member on here - can't fault them.
Might be the same ones that are in the BFW Shop??
They look great Rich.
Looked at the Korum ones in AD and they looked 2nd rate compared to the ones I have, so left them there.

I got some off Eddie Bray who's a member on here - can't fault them.
Might be the same ones that are in the BFW Shop??
They look great Rich.
Looked at the Korum ones in AD and they looked 2nd rate compared to the ones I have, so left them there.
I know Eddie’s are good. I’ve seen them. 👍🏻

I can get these in at 55g View attachment 23821View attachment 23822
Where did you get these ones from Richard? Look ideal for the severn 👍🏻

Mine are 2.5x the price of the Korums
That’s why I stopped making them. No demand anymore

Not being contradictory but I would imagine there will be?
Look at the money people spend on rods, reels etc. To be able to put bait in accurately and consistently £25 or whatever is a small price to pay?
I couldn't imagine going back to a bait dropper and managed to lose one of Eddies - completely my fault, crap knot.
Buy cheap , buy twice?
I'll have a couple if you start up.

Back