• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spoppers

Like this one Neil (needs a 4lb+ t/c to cast it mind)

I don't think they make swimfeeders that big Stephen ... it'd have to be about 15cm long/ 4cm+ diameter! The beauty of Spoppers IMO is the sheer volume they can deposit, and all on the bottom.
I don't think they make swimfeeders that big Stephen ... it'd have to be about 15cm long/ 4cm+ diameter! The beauty of Spoppers IMO is the sheer volume they can deposit, and all on the bottom.

Terry, you've obviously never seen, Steve "scuba" Williams homemade feeders, There as big as coke cans. 😁

Casting lead is very dangerous
Just please take care if you’ve not done it before.
400°c is hot enough to permanently disfigure you.
I don’t want to come across as the miserable old twit but Don’t do it unless you are geared up safely do it.
ffs never pour water over any liquid metal.
Im not the safety police but you don’t spend 20 years in the welding game without seeing some nasty burns.

It is not a good idea to pour water on any item that has a boiling/melting point higher than water and is in that state.

Some can cause issues without even being heated, strong acids or alkalines for example.

Back