• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Split peg leger stops

Chris Guy

Hi, I've been trying to find the leger stops that have a plug that splits open, and has a small hole in at the join end and a guide at the thick end, where you pass your main line through. I've come to the last one I have now and can't seem to find any, anywhere. They provide much better presentation than the standard ones, where your line is pinned to the side of the plug. Anyone? Cheers.

Do you mean the old Drennan green ones? I think they still make them. I tend to use the Enterprise Adjuster stops (bit expensive and fiddly to set up but do a decent job), although I have been using Guru Super tight stops this winter. Unlike a lot of float stop style bits they don't move easily if you use them in pairs and they are very light and unobtrusive - hopefully providing minimal resistance to a shy biting fish.

Hi, I've been trying to find the leger stops that have a plug that splits open, and has a small hole in at the join end and a guide at the thick end, where you pass your main line through. I've come to the last one I have now and can't seem to find any, anywhere. They provide much better presentation than the standard ones, where your line is pinned to the side of the plug. Anyone? Cheers.

Do you mean the old Drennan green ones? I think they still make them. I tend to use the Enterprise Adjuster stops (bit expensive and fiddly to set up but do a decent job), although I have been using Guru Super tight stops this winter. Unlike a lot of float stop style bits they don't move easily if you use them in pairs and they are very light and unobtrusive - hopefully providing minimal resistance to a shy biting fish.
They look just the job, thanks.

I suspect that the OP is thinking about what Drennan called Centre Stops. They were a further development of their original Leger Stops. There was some chatter about them on another forum recently. It suggests that the centre stops were discontinued many years back due to poor sales. If you are going to find any, it'll probably be a case of scouring the dusty shelves of long-established, old skool, tackle shops.

There's a small picture here and a hint that some places may have still had stock in the not too distant past.

Hi Chris,
I was having a bit of a sort out earlier and I came across a packet of these very stops you’re after.Did’nt know I had them to be honest,might keep you going for now.
I will send you a PM, give me your address I’ll pop them in the post as soon as i can ,no charge.
Also with regards the advice about trying some old school tackle shops, might be worth giving Davis Tackle in Christchurch a ring,I have managed to source a few discontinued items through them in the past and they were very helpful.

Regards Bob

Last edited:
Back