• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spare eyes or ceramic ring?

Jon Kennard

Hi guys on my last trip to the wye I managed to fold my korum neotric 1.75lb top. Despite it being old its only been used a couple of times. Anyway no come back as expected from them.
I was forced to use the quiver tip top and found that an eye ceramic was missing from the 6 oz tip. Best to replace the eye or can you get ceramic inserts? Can't upload picture! Its about 4.5mm thanks Jon

I would replace the entire eye. Never heard of being able to just replace the ceramic. When this has happened to me it was because the ceramic had cracked. I got some quiver eyes from Ebay. No link as it was ages ago.

Hasn't happened to me for many years but I do recall twice having to replace the ceramic. It was very straightforward, just snapped into place and never had any problems again - still using the rods in fact.

Thanks gents I think I'll go for an eye (Not looked yet) ultimately its a manufacturing issue as never been used.

Back