• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

SORTED! 11’ Torrix 1.75

Hasn't everybody ?
It got me hunting for a torrix, and now Alan has fallen for the same trick !
Do you get commission from Harrison's ?
I was surprised how similar your Trevor West 11 foot 1.75 felt like my Torrix!
...And the Green colour in that sunlight was 'almost' as stunning as my burgundy Torrix 😍😆

I was surprised how similar your Trevor West 11 foot 1.75 felt like my Torrix!
...And the Green colour in that sunlight was 'almost' as stunning as my burgundy Torrix 😍😆
Yes, love my Trefor West. The Torrix I have is the standard dark grey.
I have used them both together and I am no expert, but the action is the same as far as I can tell, just a little difference in the ringing and butt length.

I’ve just had a lovely 2lb 11ft torrix made by CJS rods. Best feeling rod I’ve ever held. I went for Fuji k guides. 1st 3 guides as double leg and the rest as single legged. Had a ALPs cah seat and burl cork. Very pleased with it. It’s the 3rd I’ve had done by him. Very reasonable cost.

Hi all,

Looking for an 11’ Torrix 1.75 for small(er) river barbel fishing and/or rolling meat. Not fussy about fittings. Been doing my homework and think one of these would best suit my fishing contexts.

Would be grateful for a PM if you think you have one you’d part with 👍🏻
There is one at romford , I can pick up for you Alan. It's 8 miles from me. Hopefully in a few weeks I will go to fish decoy at Peterborough and give to my pal who lives near Lincoln. 3/4 way to you?

Yes, love my Trefor West. The Torrix I have is the standard dark grey.
I have used them both together and I am no expert, but the action is the same as far as I can tell, just a little difference in the ringing and butt length.
I know the bloke who owned Lone Angler and thought the same Mike, but he categorically stated the Westy rods are a unique Harrison blank. He went on to say that Steve Harrison was tearing his hair with Trefor who kept changing what he wanted but from everything you hear , he got it right
There was talk about resurrecting the LA rods a couple of years ago as I put my name down but it never materialised

I know the bloke who owned Lone Angler and thought the same Mike, but he categorically stated the Westy rods are a unique Harrison blank. He went on to say that Steve Harrison was tearing his hair with Trefor who kept changing what he wanted but from everything you hear , he got it right
There was talk about resurrecting the LA rods a couple of years ago as I put my name down but it never materialised
It is a cracking rod Paul, in a really dark green. The guy I got it from also had a 12' Lone Angler for sale at the same time.
Not sure how the two lengths compare, but I had mine along side a 11' Torrix and put a good bend in both and the curves looked the same. I've been told before that Trefor had the blank specially produced, but the difference must be very subtle.

It is a cracking rod Paul, in a really dark green. The guy I got it from also had a 12' Lone Angler for sale at the same time.
Not sure how the two lengths compare, but I had mine along side a 11' Torrix and put a good bend in both and the curves looked the same. I've been told before that Trefor had the blank specially produced, but the difference must be very subtle.
I don’t really do regrets but wish I had taken a punt on the last of them that Tref was selling off at a Barbel Show as LA was being wound up.
Have tried on several occasions to winkle out any that might be squirrelled away but to no avail

Got one! Thanks for your help everyone, my Mark Tunley built Torrix (not new) should arrive on Friday. She's a beauty too... bling reel seat with wooden inlay, and purple whippings (much to Mr Isaacs' disgust 😂) Had to pay a bit for P&P, but well worth it for a rod that cost just shy of £400 new.

Got one! Thanks for your help everyone, my Mark Tunley built Torrix (not new) should arrive on Friday. She's a beauty too... bling reel seat with wooden inlay, and purple whippings (much to Mr Isaacs' disgust 😂) Had to pay a bit for P&P, but well worth it for a rod that cost just shy of £400 new.
Enjoy it.

Back