• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sonubaits Barbel hookbaits

Richard Garbett

I've just been to purchase some hempseed and hooks etc, and saw these. Thought I'd give them a go as it's not the normal of thing I use.
Anybody done any good with them? I'll take some converting from my meat and lobs 😉 20200620_175520.jpg

I’ll be interested to see how you get on with these, Richard. I once purchased some of the sizzling sausage and cheesy garlic (they do halibut too, I think) on a similar whim. I’ve not really used them enough to pass judgement, to be honest. If they’re the same range, although the tub looks slightly different on yours; they’re supposed to be mega high leakage (over 24 hrs worth, they claim).

I’ll be interested to see how you get on with these, Richard. I once purchased some of the sizzling sausage and cheesy garlic (they do halibut too, I think) on a similar whim. I’ve not really used them enough to pass judgement, to be honest. If they’re the same range, although the tub looks slightly different on yours; they’re supposed to be mega high leakage (over 24 hrs worth, they claim).
I think you may be on about the Pellet O's Alex, I did buy some of those too actually.

If I'm unfortunate to catch a bream on one, I'll never use them again. 😲
If I did that I don’t think I’d ever use a bait again.
The little toe rags are always trying to get a look in down here.
Ground bait on the nene is a big no no unless you want to finish the session looking like a painters radio

Back