• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Something to sit on when roving

Castle Howard

[QUOTE=Simon. My memory is rubbish Steve, do i know you?

Its an awfully long time ago Simon I used to fish the Great lake In the late 70s early eighties and lived In Norton at the time.
I did a bit of match fishing at the time River Derwent, Castle Howard, the pond at Amotherby.
I remember you as an angler In the area but like I said Its a very long time ago you may not remember me:)

I have just got the Korum Roving kit for my winter clubbing campaign, it consists of super lightweight chair that has backpack straps built into the chair and a roving bag that hooks onto the chair. Just hook the bag onto the chair and carry both as a backpack. It looks just the thing but i have yet to use it for real. The rod hold-all that it comes with seems pointless and is already in the back of the shed.
The chair is quite small but is better than a bucket but I would not want to spend a night on it:D

Why sit? Just stand and hold the rod. No rest, chair or other encumberment necessary beyond a rod, landing net, unhooking mat and a small bag.

Stephen

Why sit? Just stand and hold the rod. No rest, chair or other encumberment necessary beyond a rod, landing net, unhooking mat and a small bag.

Stephen

Oh my, the joys and confidence of the young and fit :D Wait until you get old and/or have a chronic back problem Stephen. Then you will understand the value of a chair :p :D

Cheers

Stephen

Sorry but if your waiting as long as i am for bite from a barbel standing up Is definate no no you could be clean shaven on arrival but you will have a serious stubble issue If and when the bite comes:)

chair

Oh my, the joys and confidence of the young and fit :D Wait until you get old and/or have a chronic back problem Stephen. Then you will understand the value of a chair :p :D

Cheers

David I already am old and yes when I wake up each day If everything doesnt ache I start to worry I may be dead:D
But seriously I had surgery some years back In an area that tends to "complain" If you sit for to long, so a chair Is as you say the best bet a triple motor rise and recline would be my "throne" of choice but they are a little difficult to carry to the hot pegs:)

There are lot of small fishing boxes off eBay that are really well made and lightweight. just depends how light you want to travel. I use a TFGear bum-bag for my roving about and a nice thick unhooking mate just to support the knees and bum. I have a Korum lightweight chair only weighs about 2.5 kg very light and not a paid when moving about.

Cheers

:D :D :D

Most of these angling chairs will likely give one a chronic back problem Dave :eek:

Waiting on the Thames for a bite one often requires a bed rather than a chair :cool:

Stephen

pumping pants!

Always fancied a pair of these for roving, just for when the Farmer giles are particularly bad! :D:D:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uuJW2ZI2Aw

Dave

I used to do a lot of driving before I retired and had a rather expensive cushion to sit on, It came from Germany I think there more than £300 quid these days.
These could have been the answer to my prayers but you would have been reluctant to get out of the van with em on.
Just in case people thought you were wearing a whoopie cushion:eek:

I used to do a lot of driving before I retired and had a rather expensive cushion to sit on, It came from Germany I think there more than £300 quid these days.
These could have been the answer to my prayers but you would have been reluctant to get out of the van with em on.
Just in case people thought you were wearing a whoopie cushion:eek:

A £300 cushion for driving Steve :eek: What the heck was it made of? I would wan't the car for that money :D

Cheers, Dave.

cushions

A £300 cushion for driving Steve :eek: What the heck was it made of? I would wan't the car for that money :D

Cheers, Dave.

David If your paying £300 for your cars your either an ace wheeler dealer or you spend a lot of time walking back and forth to the garage, maybe your a wizzard on the tools:D
I paid £200 for my cushion In 2008 and its still providing me with the comfort i need money well spent:p

David If your paying £300 for your cars your either an ace wheeler dealer or you spend a lot of time walking back and forth to the garage, maybe your a wizzard on the tools:D
I paid £200 for my cushion In 2008 and its still providing me with the comfort i need money well spent:p

What is it stuffed/made of though Steve, WHY is it so good, WHY does it last for years? Is it a foam, blow up, combination...what? I am intrigued :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back