• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

So how was the glorious 16th

Most active opening day for a few seasons.
Midnight to 8am on a deserted stretch of the Tidal Trent. 6 fish to 9lb 8oz (first at 00;12).
Then another stretch from 9am to 4pm. 7 fish to 9lb 12oz.
Then home to sleep!

A combined 45 hrs between 3 of us in the Royalty's parlour pool for two minnows and a couple of chublets.
:-(

And the minnows were foul hooked!

Fell through the front door at 2am drunk as a lord and spent all day feeling as rough as proverbial badger's, be rude not too when it was a freebie ;p. All the local river were carrying 5-7 foot of water and a lot of debris so should be in fine fettle for my first adventure tomorrow evening. Did hear of some success but mostly blanks.

Most active opening day for a few seasons.
Midnight to 8am on a deserted stretch of the Tidal Trent. 6 fish to 9lb 8oz (first at 00;12).
Then another stretch from 9am to 4pm. 7 fish to 9lb 12oz.
Then home to sleep!

I think that makes up for everyone else's disappointments Darryl.

Damian

Yes well done Darryl.

Yeah well done Darryl and there was I thinking I'd done well to avoid a blank on the rising tidal

Had two from the Goyt (8lb 14oz and a smaller one around 4lb) plus 4 chub. The river was falling slightly from dawn but rose again later. :)

16th

One of my lads was on the middle fishing a weir pool no barbel but had 3 good
chub and a 20lbs carp:).
he allso lost 3 carp.
i will see if i can get him to put some pics.

Only bite of the session-luncheon meat on a size 4!

Attachments

• IMG_0710.jpg
    IMG_0710.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 255
Not really the Glorious 16th for me, didn't fancy the conditions one bit, and the first 16th I have missed since I can remember.

But Sunday I had to make the effort as had promised my youngest lad that I would help do a fishing short film for him for his final bit of his College work.
The plan was to do a session on the Arrow, and hopefully catch a Barbel for the camera...no pressure then? Especially when my run in last season was less than productive with the barbel.

Anyway a plan was hatched, and the 'crew' and I arrived at the venue only to find the gate locked and the new number for the padlock unresponsive, frantic calls to the secretary were unanswered so we had to park up nearby and scale the barbed wire covered gates, so not a good start!!

The river was a chocolate brown with a dash of milk colour, but was contained in the banks, my confidence soared, and it was going to be Spam Spam Spam!!

So soon I selected a likely spot and baited up with a 2'' cube, and with the camera rolling it was pressure on:cool:...a few little dinks told me they were there, and 5 minutes later the rod lurched and I was connected to a very fit barbel that was duly landed, not a big fish, but the a real star of the show, a 'piece to camera' or two and the job was a good 'un, and ready for editing.

On the way home we dropped into our local bit of the WA and first cast I had a barbel of about 6lbs, and a Chub to follow:)

A big thanks to the river God's is in order :D

Fished the Rising River Severn on Friday Night for 4 barbel to 9.4 and will be fishing my local River Dane (Northwich) tonight.

Fished a private lightly fished section of the Lea.
Bumped a Barbel after two hours of trotting with no bites, then trotted for another two hours or so fo one other bite which turned out to be a bloody pond pig of 12lb 1oz.

Great!!!!

Tight lines chaps.

Nothing but a few cray plucks on the Thame - nearly caught a canoeist though - they can only use the river when it is in flood :mad:

Back