• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimmy 4000 aero baitrunner spools

Roger Farrow

I sent my Shimano baitrunners off for a service a while back - without the spools - and didn't have need for the 4000 aero rear drag baitrunner until now and of course I can't find the spools for it. Anybody know where I might be able to get a couple - pretty please - short of buying another one on ebay?

Thanks Phil, I wasn't sure what spool size it was - already bought one that was too small and then saw somebody selling two for £75!! Have ordered one of what i think is the correct size for £18.

Thanks Phil, I wasn't sure what spool size it was - already bought one that was too small and then saw somebody selling two for £75!! Have ordered one of what i think is the correct size for £18.
If you put a picture of the reel up Roger you would get far better responses helping you avoid expensive useless purchases.
I’m going to assume your reel is the GT4000 baitrunner? If this is the case then the correct spool is the R4 model. There’s one on eBay here
870A461B-EEA1-4EB1-97E5-0DEE426C4BFB.jpeg

However they aren’t that common and getting a pair could be a waiting game.
However……… the shimano S8 and S8.5 spools from the slightly newer GT6010/8010 reels also fit your reels. They are more common and you can get them in the low friction chrome lips.

If your reel isn’t the gt4000 put up a pic of it or no one can really help you.

Back